Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Michael Scott Leaving ranks #2 in all time Characters Leaving List That I Immediately Compiled Off The Top of my Head.

That was pretty good. Sad. Clean break, and still making it seem like there is something to watch via Will Ferrell's DeAngelo Vickers revealing himself to be an unstable lunatic. (God forbid I ever have to sit in on a sales meeting in my life ever again. But if I do and they don't immediately buy or re-up, I am reacting exactly like Vickers). The thing is, The Office is Steve Carrell. It was his vehicle, and all you annoying anglophiles can spare me the "British version was better" shit. No doubt, it was funny. Really funny. But as far as character development and emotional moments, the US version beats the English by miles.  That was mostly Steve Carrell.  I'm putting this at number #2 on the list. And when I say list I mean the list of shows that had a major character leave and then became a different show. This list:


The Sopranos- Big Pussy Gets Whacked



ER Dr. Green dies

Lost- Charlie Drowns

The Office- Michael Scott Leaves

Cheers- Dianne Leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment