Thursday, January 28, 2010

iDon't Want This


Let's get something straight right now, I own a Macbook, an iPod Touch, and and iPod classic. I would own an iPhone but I'm locked into a Verizon service agreement that iCan't get out of.  I also spell all of their products with a lowercase "i" because iMadouchebag who cant break free from branding. I'm a fan.  But this iPad is a $500 load of shit.
It's ironic that Apple has used U2 in the past to hawk iPods because, just like U2, Apple has built an extremely loyal fanbase based on it's early work only to start being more concerned with iMage than quality without losing any fans/customers because they will instinctively buy anything that Apple/U2 fart out because "It's the newest/best/most awesome thing".
Bottom line? The iPad($500) is a big iPod Touch($99). Even worse,  it cant even run two apps at the same time. But I can use it like a computer right? Sure as long as the only videos you want to watch are on YouTube because Adobe Flash Drive doesn't work on it.  This cant even play Farmville or any of the other Facebook games people wont quit inviting me to play (I don't give a rat fuck what your virtual harvest is, If I see it on my profile again I am de-friending you). Forget the fact that it doesn't bring you anything people speculated it might- like a projector, or 3D interface- it doesn't even have a USB port, microphone or Webcam.
Anyway, what I'm saying is that iThink apple has made its first Zune. Only no one will say it because Apple has become so synonymous with "cool" that people will sleep outside for the chance to hand an Apple clerk their hard earned money. And once they do, all you'll here is how awesome and revolutionary it is because no one will be able to swallow their pride say they got rooked out of $500.00.




2 comments:

  1. I was just looking at my iPod Touch tonight and was thinking...if this baby came out a year AFTER the iPad...it would be a freakin miracle device...a tiny version of the iPad...holy shit. It seems like making a bigger version of stuff with identical or crappier functionality is pretty much like the total reversal of all technology trends. But I still want one...so shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's going to nearly as successful as the iPhone or iPod Touch, but I think it will still do well. Granted, no Flash sucks. I'll wait for version two with the camera, more memory, and lower price and maybe I'd consider it, but I'm pretty happy with my iPhone for now. By the way, the Touch is $200, and the iPad does have a microphone, but it would be pretty dorky holding it close to you and using it as a telephone with Skype.

    ReplyDelete