Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Gary Carter gets made to look like a self-centered Asshole by a self-important Douchebag



I got to be honest, I'm not seeing a clear cut winner here.  Don't get me wrong, Gary Carter gets no love from me.  He's a preening jackass who always wanted the media to know what a good guy he was. Nobody on the '86 Mets liked the guy. Not even the other straight edges like Ray Knight, who once told an assistant coach who was looking for Carter to "find the nearest TV camera" could stand his Dudley Do-Right routine.  So is it surprising at all that Carter is asking for charity donations from fans who already ponied up $45 bucks just to walk into an event where they were promised free photo-ops and memorabilia signings? No.
But if there was ever a You Tube video that needed to end with a phone filming 6 minutes inside of the cameraman's rectum, this is it.  Dude, save this shit for the real scumbags like Reggie Jackson and Albert Belle. It's not like Carter wasn't signing anything. He was just signing slips of paper unless you made a contribution to his charity.  Douche-y ? Sure. But worthy of hounding the man like you just caught him stealing a pocketbook? Fuck off.  And don't hide behind the "For the kids" excuse either. Those kids wouldn't have known Gary Carter from Jimmy Carter considering they were all born 10 years after he had his last at-bat. Of course that didn't stop Carter from making sure the kids heard all about how his 30 home runs in Olympic Stadium would have been like 60 in any other ballpark, oh and he never did steroids, or drank, or chased women. Stay on the right path kids, like your hero, Gary Carter. That's G-A-R-Y-C-A-R-T-E-R. I played catcher. I was awesome.
And another thing, quit acting like every fucking pro athlete in the world owes you autographs how you want them. It seemed like he was pretty content to have a conversation with a fan which, regardless of how Carter steered it to his own stats, is pretty fucking rare for anyone in those mass signings. I went to a lot of those as a kid and I can tell you for a fact that I never had any conversations with the guys signing. Well, unless you count Will Clark yelling at a crowd full of me and several other kids that he was "Fucking done with this bullshit!", or the time when I was 10 years old and was next in line to get an autograph from Pete Rose only to hear him explain, at length and in graphic detail, about the "Jew broad" with the "biggest tits" he'd ever stuck his dick between (All right, that one was actually awesome), as conversations.

1 comment:

  1. Gary Carter caught my Uncle's no hitter in '81, so I have to like the guy. I have no choice, I have the newspaper in French framed in my office.

    ReplyDelete